The Liberal and Nationals Government is supporting jobs through a record $120 billion ten-year infrastructure pipeline that’s vital to our plan for a strong economy and a stronger future.
The Coalition Government has delivered over 35,000 projects and $200 billion of investment in infrastructure since 2013.
More than 120,000 jobs are supported by Australian Government funded infrastructure projects currently underway.
Nation building projects like the Melbourne to Brisbane Inland Rail, the new Western Sydney International Airport, and Snowy 2.0 are well underway.
The 2022 Budget includes an additional $17.9 billion in new commitments to infrastructure projects that will support an estimated 40,000 jobs across Australia.
Our 10 year infrastructure investment plan includes:
- Major highway and local road upgrades to ease congestion and improve safety for all road users and freight productivity for businesses.
- Better public transport in our cities including:
- Brisbane Metro, Gold Coast Light Rail and North Coast Rail in Queensland.
- Sydney Metro – Western Sydney Airport in NSW.
- Melbourne Airport Rail Link in Victoria.
- Flinders Link and the Gawler Electrification Project in SA.
- METRONET in Perth.
- Canberra Light Rail in the ACT.
- Faster rail projects from:
- Melbourne to Geelong.
- Brisbane to Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast.
- Sydney to Newcastle.
- Building Western Sydney International (Nancy-Bird Walton) Airport.
- Inland Rail, which will provide enormous benefits for farmers and regions by changing the way freight is moved between Melbourne and Brisbane.
- Upgrading key regional road corridors through the Roads of Strategic Importance Initiative. This will upgrade key freight routes, helping agriculture and mining exporters, and providing safer roads for tourists.
- Safer local roads and bridges through the Local Roads and Community Infrastructure, Roads to Recovery, Black Spot, Heavy Vehicle Safety and Productivity, and Bridges Renewal programs.
Helping connect remote communities through the Regional Airports and Remote Airstrip Upgrades programs.
Our innovative City Deals ensure all levels of government work together, with investment coordinated to benefit taxpayers.
We already have Deals up and running in Western Sydney, Townsville, Launceston, Darwin, Hobart, Geelong, Adelaide and Perth and South-East Queensland.
We are also working with the Victorian Government on City Deals for South-East and North-West Melbourne.
In the regions we have adopted the City Deal framework by establishing Regional Deals in the Barkly Region of the NT, the Hinkler (Bundaberg and Hervey Bay) region in Queensland, and Albury-Wodonga on the New South Wales and Victorian border.
Information current as at April 2022